23.8.09

A Fulfilling Day

This has been one of the most fulfilling days of my life in recent weeks!

Not that I've made any sale at all during the past two days at a roadshow event, but it went like this ...

After Church, my spouse and I enjoyed a good meal with a brother-in-Christ. We had a wonderful time of sharing. He opened up about his personal hurts and difficulties. He told us his fears and doubts. We listened and responded with similar sharings. Together, we encouraged one another. Ah, this is true fellowship and unity in the Spirit and it is as savouring as the meal we've had!

Then at work later today, my (much) younger colleague told me how he'd detested me earlier because he thought I was prejudiced against him. I admitted that I didn't appreciate him very much initially because he was not forthright in his conversations with me and gave me the impression that he's phoney. We had a heart-warming conversation and shared mutual words of respect. He kept heaping praises on me before a new colleague.

His compliments truly awed me because I know I don't deserve it. Thank God that I'm at an age where flattery doesn't get me on cloud nine easily. I'm very aware of my weaknesses and how easy it is for me to fail the very next minute. I thank God that He has enabled me to reflect His glory (we never have glory of our own, we can only reflect our Master's glory). I really don't want to be his role model or anything, but I'm glad to be an instrument of blessings to him.

Then, I got to know two new colleagues better. One opened up quickly about her personal details and challenges in life without promptings and I listened. The other is a very young lady who's a keen learner and I taught her what I knew and would share more with her in time to come.

Then, as we sat together, my colleagues saw and liked some of my personal presentation templates (that I'd spent hours designing) from my file, so I promised to print for them. (For the uninformed, a sales person's presentation file is 'sacred' to himself or herself, it's like one's trade secrets not to be carelessly shared with competitors. But the Holy Spirit has convinced me over the past weeks to share my file with others if they want.)

So what's the point of the above? Evidence of my goodness? No, I'm not blowing my own trumpet, but sharing my mundane 'adventures', yup, adventures in my mundane life ... Most of us are ordinary folks, aren't we? We may not be endowed with spectacular talents, but we're placed all over the planet to just fulfill our personal ministries. Little acts of kindness performed here and there, and together we can impact the world!

It is more blessed to give than to receive. It is better to share than to keep.

I've earned absolutely NOTHING today but I feel so RIIICHH! Praise the Lord!

Oh, on a side note, I've also been working today, lest you think I've spent all my time talking to my colleagues. No, laziness is not a testimony.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

As another ordinary person but a sister-in-Christ, this a truly lovely post. The Holy Spirit is using you to touch the lives of others in a special way. Praise God.

Jane said...

The Holy Spirit is also using your life to touch others through your your blog, Lynn. :)