24.8.09

All In A Night's Work

The past week went by without a single sale. It's not a complaint, just a fact. It's just a salesperson's plight or, er, job ... Ah, all in a day's work. Or night's work rather. I'll leave the house at about 7.20 p.m. Let's see if the prospect who has promised to meet me tonight will keep his promise??? Let's see if this meeting will result in a sale? Let's see if I'll have the momentum to knock on other doors? I will do it, may the Lord watch over me, no this is not a prayer for physical protection though I know God will protect me anyway, may the Lord watch over me and keep me going, because it's all in a night's work. :)

5 comments:

Libertine said...

Summer holiday season seems always quite difficult for business. I keep my fingers crossed for you.

Jane said...

Thanks, it's really hard at times, did some door to door, some telemarketing, decided to call it off after a while. Somedays it's difficult to get moving, sigh. :p

Analisa said...

Jane,
I will also add you to my prayers. But maybe this would be a time for a spritual retreat. Take one day off if you can and rest and study the scriptures about things like the work of your hands,God's promises of help and provision. Sometimes we push on in our own strength forgetting we can ask God to intervene.

You could have 2 days worth of work that will make up this whole period of drought. The rain will come, the sales will come, the money will come.

Be lifted up oh ye gates ye everylasting doors and the King of Glory shall come in.

God is with you and so am I in prayer for you to be abundantly blessed.

Analisa said...

Jane,
I pray for your prosperity and peace.

It will come.

Jane said...

Thanks Analisa, thanks, I'll take a break tonight, yup, need to pray through some things...