24.5.09

SOS

I re-visited my former cell group last Friday to test waters, wondering if things would be slightly improved. Sadly, things remained the same; same prominent member who laid down all the rules, spoke most of the time, same restrictions and same problems. Members I spoke to after the meeting expressed discourgement and bewilderment. This group's fire is about to be snuffed out.

I've forgiven him unreservedly, so I'm not being vengeful here. But what do you do with someone who thinks he's doing God's work, but is in fact destroying it?

I'm drawing one lesson here - don't ever become so 'spiritualized' to the point of spiritual blindness. You can never share God's love like this. God is gracious and does not rule with an iron hand.

The children of God bears His fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, godliness, gentleness and self-control. The fruit of the Holy Spirit in our lives bear testimony to whether we're walking right with Him. The law never changes man. It is His sacrificial love that changes man.

I must pay more attention to my life and attitudes to make sure that I'm indeed following Christ.

3 comments:

RJ said...

Jane,
Because I've met too many "Christians" like the one you've mentioned, I avoid them.
But there ARE those who set an example of Christian love and living. My best friend, YOU. I feel peaceful when I read your true love and spirit of Christ.
*HUG*

Christine said...

I wonder if a trusted friend can pull him aside and explain the difference between love and controll?

Jane said...

Christine, I really don't know how to put it, we've all spoken to him, though not individually, he jsut couldn't grasp it. Thank God that our group comprise of Christians who are matured enough to take this. For this reason, we never dare to invite any newcomer into the group lest the new member be discouraged. I know this can't continue, we're still discussing what to do next...

Neen, thank you for your honesty, I know how unbelievers or pre-believers feel about some of us... and thank you for treating me as your best friend. :) Read my next posting for a more detail response to your observation on Christians. :)