31.10.09

Counting Your Hair?

How much hair have you got? Do you bother to find out? No? Sure, you've got better things to do, I understand...

Now, why do I ask such a stupid question? Because it's mentioned in the Bible that God knows the number of hair on our heads! Imagine everytime you pick up a comb and an angel is poised to count your hair loss! Hilarious isn't it? Why the heck does God care about hair? He cares for the sparrows, and not one falls to the ground without His knowledge, well that I can understand, but our hair?! Why does He bother to keep a record of it? Really why?

I don't know why except to be amazed at God's great interest in every minute detail of our lives.

It's like the way a new mom adores her baby. She loves her infant dearly and tenderly care for all parts of his little body from head to toes. Perhaps this relationship is a glimpse of how God cares for us, except that His love never changes, and He continues to care for us from infancy to old age, from newborn hairlessness, to lustrous crown of glory, and to baldness again.

I'm musing on this hair thingy after reading Analisa's post, I'm so unlucky where she shares that nothing is co-incidental in our lives because God cares. She doesn't believe in luck, and neither do I.

Nothing that has happened to us or that'll happen to us escapes God's eyes. He's in control and He lovingly guides us in His will which is perfect for us.

Cast your burdens to Him all ye heavy ladened for He cares for you.

5 comments:

Nikki (Sarah) said...

Hi Jane, it's so good to know God knows all about me and still loves me. Thank you for what you said on my blog. Your words are soo wise. have a great weekend. Sarah

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I've never counted hairs, but when my first child was born there was a spate of births, and I was in a room with four other new mothers, for whom this was a subsequent child. One commented on counting all the toes and fingers of her child. "Doesn't everyone" she asked.

Oops! I had not thought to that. I must be a bad mother already, I thought. So, when the baby was brought back to me, I counted all the toes and fingers. Yep, just as I had assumed -- 5 on each hand and five on each foot.

I have come to realize in time that this assumption is not a bad thing, but a good thing. It means that subconsciously, without thinking about, I just assumed that God was talking care of me and mine. And He has been, and He does.

Analisa said...

Love this and yes this is how I felt when I wrote my post. Your comment about the mother caring for every little part of that baby sums it up. Yeah God loves us like that.

Just Be Real said...

Great post. We are just so precious to God it seems that the hairs on our head which are numerous are so very precious to Him. Thanks for sharing! Blessings....

Jane said...

Thanks all for your sharings. Nice meeting you Elizabeth! :)