11.4.10

Are You Like Jesus?

I whole-heartedly agree with this statement spoken at the beginning of a DC Talk song, "What If I Stumble", on their "Jesus Freak" CD:

"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowlege Jesus with their lips then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyles. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."

And I, sometimes, stand condemned, if not for His saving grace!


What is your Jesus like? Does He count His cost? Does He count His loss? Does He grumble? May the Lord help us stay true to Him.
Be reminded of the Jesus Whom you're following, what He is like, and what you should really desire to be...

5 comments:

MTJ said...

Hi Jane,

I have been reminding myself of this very same thing. The path of the intellectual, beautiful, wealthy, poor, politically savvy, socially conscious or environmentalist is not the path of Christ. I do not want to use my own natural talents to fabricate Christ in me. I don't want to be just a nice guy or a smart guy.

I don't know if that makes any sense but they are the thoughts I've been meditating upon during the past few weeks.

My Thought-filled Journey

Jane said...

MTJ, you've put it aptly that we shouldn't 'frabricate Christ' in us. I believe that we are a work in progress and if we frequently choose to follow Jesus, He'll transform us slowly but surely. However, I think more often than not, we make wrong choices, grieve His Spirit and stop Him from living through us. I am grateful for His mercy, and though I believe He is able to use my mistakes to work things out for good eventually, I shudder to think of the people I've stumbled along the way.

Cole Franke said...

Such a great quote. Reading DC Talk voice of the martyrs now and its so humbling and convicting. Lovely blog.

Nicole
http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/

Analisa said...

Jane,
You are not alone in your thoughts. I feel this. In so many ways we have become weak and powerless as a church. Because we leave God on the pew and do life the best we can in our own strength. My prayer is God make me want you more, increase my want to.
He has been answering that prayer.
People hunger for the God of the bible and if we obey the word they will find him living in us.

Jane said...

Hi Cole, thanks for dropping by :)
Yes Analisa, we've to prayerfully seek Him.