30.4.09

Sharing With You - Singapore, My Home!

Some of you may know that I'm from Singapore. But where the heck is this place? It is a tiny speck of island at the southern tip of Malaysia, a little red dot as Indonesia refers to us, a survivor. May I humbly present to you my beloved country: SINGAPORE, My Home!

I will show you 2 youtubes, the first by Discovery Channel on how Singapore has progressed from 3rd world status to first within a short span of 30 to 40 years! Catch a glimpse of what my mom's generation looked like. Yes, I remember living in a house with at least 3 other families ...



And the second youtube brought to you by The Singapore Tourism Board (I think) shows our diverse cultures and activities. We are made up of 4 major ethnic groups; Chinese, Malay, Indians and Eurasians. Over the years, we have become more cosmopolitan as we assimiliate foreigners from all over the world. You will see from this video that the present day Singapore is an active financial center, a shoppers' paradise and a wonderful tourist destination with various places of interest. Feel the mood of our nation as the video plays against a composite of Chinese, Indian and Western music in the background. Go ahead my friends, and enjoy ...



Come, visit me sometime. :)

7 comments:

Christine said...

Well, the youtubes did not come up for lil'ol me .... but I can hunt around for them on google .. no biggy.
When do you think you will go back and visit????

Jane said...

Oops, thanks for alerting me Christine, can others view the youtubes? They show all right on mine.

Christine, I'm staying in Singapore itself, which is half a globe away from you. :)

RJ said...

Singapore...just the name sounds poetic and exotic! Another place on a long list of places I'd love to see!

- Jan - said...

The youtubes works out fine for me. And you know what? We are practically neighbour. I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia. Unfortunately, the only time I visited Singapore when I was in flight transit, and I don't consider that a visit at all. But I'm looking forward to really visit Singapore. Some of my relatives lived there before and they all liked it so much.

Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane said...

Neen, you may find Singapore overly crowded for you, though the Asian culture may excite you a little.

Jan, yes I know you're from Indonesia. Good to know that your relatives like this place, given the fact that our government don't relate very well sometimes ;)

Do wish you can all visit Singapore sometime! :)

Andrea said...

Congrats, you have been tagged:)